Fouad Dagoum and his spouse, Azhar Ahmed, above, fled Sudan after their village was ransacked by militia members and now reside in Connecticut. They haven’t any household within the U.S.
three. The Protection Division stated it has seen chemical weapons activity on the Syrian air base it bombed within the spring.
The White House warned the Syrian government would pay “a heavy worth” for an additional chemical assault.
Syrian and Russian officers rejected the accusation and referred to as the White Home assertion a provocation. The Syrian authorities launched photographs of President Bashar al-Assad visiting troops at a Russian air base, above.
four. A world cyberattack crippled computer systems from Russia to the U.S. in a hacking harking back to final month’s WannaCry attacks.
A minimum of 9 European nations have been focused within the newest hacking, which one safety researcher referred to as “an improved and extra deadly model of WannaCry.” Right here’s what we know so far.
5. European antitrust officers fined Google $2.7 billion for unfairly favoring a few of its personal providers over these of rivals in search outcomes.
The choice is more likely to set off a protracted authorized battle over who has the correct to outline how search providers are offered. Above, Margrethe Vestager, the bloc’s antitrust chief.
6. In Britain, the authorities have discovered that ninety five buildings have cladding just like what was used on Grenfell Tower, the high-rise that caught fire this month, killing a minimum of seventy nine. The U.S. producer, Arconic, took it off the market.
We revealed a prolonged investigation over the weekend that confirmed how a regulatory breakdown led to the excessive dying toll. Prime Minister Theresa Might has ordered an investigation into cladding and insulation on excessive-rise towers throughout the nation. Above, one of many security checks.
7. A sequence of personal faculties referred to as Bridge International Academies is operating lots of of faculties — and producing numerous controversy — in a number of African nations.
The American-led, for-revenue begin-up is using the newest tech instruments within the classroom. Nevertheless it’s additionally clashing with academics’ unions and critics, together with some who query the mannequin of urgent desperately poor mother and father for funds.
eight. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada is using a brand new political tactic: sock diplomacy.
This previous weekend, when the celebrations for homosexual satisfaction and the top of Ramadan coincided, he pulled a one-two punch: Rainbow socks that stated “Eid Mubarak,” or blessed feast. He’s beforehand employed socks to plug “Star Wars,” NATO and Canadian maple leaves.
“Not often have a person’s ankles stated a lot,” our style critic concluded. “It’s fairly intelligent.”
9. It’s picnic season, and we have now recommendations on how to make yours a success. (Easy however typically forgotten: trash luggage and sufficient water.)
Making a get-collectively a potluck, and shifting it outdoors, immediately makes issues extra reasonably priced and communal. And it’s a good way to accommodate extra individuals. Our meals author tagged together with a Brooklyn household that has perfected the artwork of the picnic in the park.
10. Lastly, Stephen Colbert returned from a visit to Russia, the place he taped every week’s value of latest exhibits. He additionally went on a Russian speak present and stated he was contemplating operating for president in 2020.
“I assumed it might be higher to chop out the intermediary and simply inform the Russians myself,” he joked. “If anybody want to work on my marketing campaign in an unofficial capability, please simply let me know.”
And we checked in with Jay Leno, who has an enormous stand-up present arising this weekend within the Hamptons. “The actual trick is to make present enterprise cash however reside in the actual world,” he defined.
Have an awesome night time.
Pictures might seem out of order for some readers. Viewing this version of the briefing ought to assist.
Your Night Briefing is posted at 6 p.m. Japanese.
And don’t miss Your Morning Briefing, posted weekdays at 6 a.m. Japanese, and Your Weekend Briefing, posted at 6 a.m. Sundays.
Need to look again? Right here’s last night’s briefing.
What did you want? What do you need to see right here? Tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue reading the main story
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Sign me up for the newsletter!
The content is the property of the Roznama Urdu and without permission of the publisher will be considered copyright infringement..