The leaked report accused Russian army hackers of cyberattacks towards an American firm that sells voter registration-associated software program and native election officers earlier than final yr’s presidential election.
Individually, White Home officers stated Mr. Trump wouldn’t invoke executive privilege to block James B. Comey, above, the F.B.I. director he fired, from testifying earlier than Congress on Thursday.
• President Trump took to Twitter, rebelling against his advisers, together with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and criticizing their “watered down” model of his journey ban on residents from some Muslim-majority nations.
In the meantime, some senior American profession diplomats have publicly distanced themselves from the White House, citing a wrestle to defend the president’s positions.
• The determination of 5 Arab states, together with Saudi Arabia, to suddenly suspend diplomatic relations with tiny Qatar has difficult American efforts to confront the Islamic State.
Oil costs spiked at first but then retreated. “Within the Center East, there’s politics after which there’s enterprise,” stated a former U.S. ambassador to Qatar.
Right here’s our recent report from a U.S.-led army command middle in Qatar.
• Share the work. Encourage friendships with women. Let him cry.
That’s a few of the recommendation of neuroscientists, economists and psychologists once we requested them how to raise a son who believes in the full equality of men and women.
Youngsters begin noticing stereotypes at age three, a psychologist stated. “In case you don’t assist them label them as stereotypes, they assume that is the best way it’s.”
• Many Europeans, and most People, are pessimistic about their youngsters’s monetary future, according to a new report. There’s extra optimism within the creating world.
• Apple introduced a speaker gadget, the HomePod, to rival Amazon’s Echo.
• We dissected Marissa Mayer’s $900,000-a-week Yahoo paycheck. The corporate’s fortunes declined, however she delivered rewards to buyers.
• The Trump Group introduced plans for a new three-star hotel chain with a patriotic aptitude.
• Chilly brew modified the espresso enterprise, creating summertime demand and serving to it attain a brand new viewers: millennials.
• Right here’s a snapshot of global markets.
• In Iraq, our reporter traveled with troopers, documenting in a photograph essay their clashes with the final Islamic State militants holding out amongst civilians in Mosul. [The New York Times]
• In america, drug overdose deaths have skyrocketed, turning into the No. 1 killer of People beneath 50. “Heroin is the satan’s drug,” stated a 24-yr-previous who’s struggling to remain clear. [The New York Times]
• The primary spherical of abroad voting in France’s legislative elections confirmed the social gathering of Emmanuel Macron, the president, forward. French voters at residence go to the polls on Sunday, and every week later within the second spherical. [France 24]
• Montenegro, as soon as a stronghold of professional-Russian sentiment within the Balkans, formally joined NATO. [Associated Press]
• Our Jerusalem bureau chief seems at how Israel is struggling to cope with the legacy of its beautiful victory within the six days of warfare 50 years in the past. [The New York Times]
• A courting website in Gaza matches widows to males in search of second, or third, wives. [The New York Times]
• Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, will tackle the U.N. Human Rights Council, a physique she as soon as referred to as “so corrupt,” for the primary time immediately. [Foreign Policy]
• Italy debates whether or not Sicily’s onetime mafia boss ought to be allowed to spend the remainder of his life sentence underneath home arrest. [ANSA]
• Right here’s why we in all probability gained’t change our minds today.
• It’s very possible that you’re getting more calories and sugar when you drink a smoothie than if you eat entire fruits or greens.
• Recipe of the day: Cod desserts make for a simple, satisfying dinner.
• Right here’s how Ariana Grande’s profit live performance came together within days. Her world tour resumes in Paris tomorrow.
• Bob Dylan finally gave his acceptance lecture for the Nobel Prize in Literature, a requirement for receiving the award. Take heed to it here.
• French Open: Andy Murray and Stan Wawrinka advanced. France’s prime feminine gamers seem to have resolved their differences. Right here is today’s schedule.
• A submersible drone can go fishing for you. It finds the fish, lures them with a light-weight and dangles the bait.
• And our newest 36 Hours journey information takes you to Canterbury, a historic English city that’s simply an hour away from London by practice.
Senior officers from around the globe, together with representatives from the European Union and the USA, are convening in Beijing at present for the eighth meeting of the Clean Energy Ministerial, a world discussion board on clear power.
The three-day convention takes place towards a new global backdrop: China and the E.U. at the moment are anticipated to steer worldwide efforts to restrict the consequences of climate change, given President Trump’s decision to withdraw the U.S. from the Paris local weather accord.
Our former Beijing bureau chief, Edward Wong, tells us that China has been making big strides in acknowledging its severe environmental degradation and its position in accelerating local weather change. It has surpassed the U.S. as the most important emitter of greenhouse gases. (The U.S. stays the biggest emitter over time.)
He notes that China has been investing in renewable power and limiting coal use within the east to combat air pollution. And President Xi Jinping has promised that 20 percent of China’s energy will come from non-fossil-fuel sources by 2030.
Authorities cleanup efforts, Mr. Wong says, are partly a results of rising public concern, sometimes expressed by means of indignant on-line commentary.
Mr. Wong says the large query is how proactive China will be in setting formidable local weather commitments and pushing other nations to do the same.
This briefing was ready for the European morning. We even have briefings timed for the Australian, Asian and American mornings. You possibly can join these and different Occasions newsletters here.
Your Morning Briefing is revealed weekday mornings and up to date on-line.
What would you wish to see right here? Contact us at email@example.com.
Continue reading the main story
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Sign me up for the newsletter!
The content is the property of the Roznama Urdu and without permission of the publisher will be considered copyright infringement..