ISLAMABAD: The preliminary report of biometric voting machines used within the by-election for Nationwide Meeting constituency NA-one hundred twenty, Lahore-III was submitted to the Election Fee of Pakistan on Friday.
Briefing the media right here, ECP Secretary Babar Yaqoob stated the machines had a hit price of 88 per cent, whereas unverified votes comprised remaining 12 per cent.
He stated that 22,181 people forged their vote by way of one hundred biometric machines in Lahore by-polls.
It’s pertinent to say right here that Pakistan Muslim League–Nawaz candidate Begum Kulsoom Nawaz on Sunday gained the intently contested by-election for her husband Nawaz Sharif’s ‘residence seat’ NA-one hundred twenty, Lahore-III.
She managed to achieve sixty one,254 votes, whereas her competitor, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Dr. Yasmin Rashid attained forty seven,066 votes, in accordance with unofficial and unverified outcomes.
“The thumb impressions of 19,520 voters have been verified utilizing these machines,” the ECP secretary stated, including that your complete course of was held on trial foundation.
He, nevertheless, stated the variety of unverified voters might additionally improve.
“The variety of educated plenty was comparatively greater in NA-one hundred twenty, however using biometric machines in rural areas would end in improve in variety of unverified voters,” Yaqoob defined.
He stated the ECP has been striving for using trendy know-how in elections, whereas the election act features a part permitting use of biometric voting machines on trial foundation.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Sign me up for the newsletter!
The content is the property of the Roznama Urdu and without permission of the publisher will be considered copyright infringement..